Cakes are always one of the favorite snacks among kids and Adults, Our Eggless ragi dates walnut cake is equally healthy and delicious
Eggless Ragi Dates walnut cakeCourse: SnacksCuisine: Other world cuisineDifficulty: Easy
A very yummy healthy cake
Ragi flour -1 cup
Dates paste -1/2 cup (Soaked dates in warm milk n grind)
Coco powder-1/2 cup
Oil -1/2 cup
Baking powder -1/2 tsp
a pinch Vanilla essence
– 2 tspYogurt –
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup few small dark choco chips ( optional )
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup oil, 2 tbsp yogurt , 1/2 cup Dates paste and 2 tsp vanilla extract.Whisk and mix well .
- Add 1cup Ragi flour , 1/2 cup coco powder , 1/2 tsp baking powder , baking soda ,salt .
- sieve ingredients and mix both the mixtures.
- Add milk and mix gradually using cut and fold method, the batter should not be in running consistency .
- Add chopped walnuts and choco chips .
- Dust pan with ragi flour and pour the batter and level it .
- Bake it in cooker or oven .
Let it cool and serve .
Making cake in pressure cooker
- In a pressure cooker add in 1½ cup of salt and place a cooker rack or any plate .
- close the lid of cooker ( without gasket and whistle.) and preheat for 10 mins in low flame.
- Place the cake pan into the cooker, leaving gap around the edges .
Close the lid and cook for 40 mins in low flame.
- Insert a toothpick at the center and check. if it comes out clean then the cake is done., else cover and bake for another couple of minutes.
- Let it cool and serve