I am Renuka Turlapati, mother of 2 lovely and active kids. When my younger one was 5 months old he suffered from acute pneumonia and bronchitis and he was hospitalized. Even after that he used suffer from fevers frequently up to his fifth year. Again at 5 th year he was hospitalized with the same problem and underweight too. Doctor suggested to give healthy and nutritional food in frequent intervals. This lead me to prepare healthy home based natural and healthy food.
Now he is 13 and super active .
Incase your children don’t like to eat dry fruits , this is the best way that you can add to their diet.
Most of health drink available in market are loaded with lot of preservatives and so many other things
How good it is
If we are making in our home
That too without any preservatives
loaded with full of nutrition
that too very easily and improves our body strength too.
And as a mom we can give it to our kids without any guilt
Home made Health drink/supplementCourse: Health, Kids, RecipiesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Raagi flour (finger millet) – 300gms
Munakka/dried grapes. -50gms
Almonds. – 50gms
Dry dates – 6( make them into pieces)
Cardamom (optional) -. 4
- Take a pan, heat it , and add raagi flour in it.
- Fry it in a low flame until there is no raw smell.
transfer it into a plate
- Take almonds, cashews and fry them in the same pan in low flame for 2 minutes.
- Wait for sometime ,so that it cools down
- Transfer it to a mixer jar and grind them along with munakka and dry dates pieces.
- After grinding all dry fruits , now add fried raagi flour and grind all the ingredients well.
- Transfer it to bowl and let the mixture cool down for another 30 minutes
- Now store our health drink in air tight container
- Try adding cocoa powder ,to give variation in taste
With same health drink we can also make yummy porridge
How to make porridge.
Take 500 ml water and add 2 table spoons dry fruits mixed ragi flour in that and mix it well. Boil it in the low flame to avoid lumps . Stir it well for 5 minutes, Until it turns to dark brown colour.
Switch off the stove and add some milk .
Finally your healthy ragi porridge is ready in just 5 minutes.
It improves our energy levels and improves our stamina and bone strength.